OK so here’s the deal: I’m pretty freakin’ overwhelmed at the moment, to the point that I’m freezing up. So I’m going to put out into the universe some changes I’m going to make, so as to have a balanced life and get out of this overdrive.
My goal is to embrace and love and enjoy each part of my life, as individual pieces of an integrated, balanced, wholesome me.
- Continue with my before-and-after rule: Put down the mouse and step away from the computer, for half an hour before bedtime and for half an hour after waking.
- Have a regular bedtime, starting with 12 am sleep and 9 am wake. This one is scary, because of my history of insomnia. I hate going to bed unless I’m almost passed out, because I can end up tossing and turning, waking up in the middle of the night, etc. But hell, it’s not going to change until I take action to change it. So here I go. This means I need to start winding down at 11 pm each night.
- Make social life a priority: Go out 2-3 times a week, either checking out new scenes or getting together with old and new friends.
- Exercise in addition to dance – working up my biking, hiking, and swimming endurance. As I was walking around my neighborhood today, I visualized myself jogging on the beach. I’ll start walking on the beach and then introducing jogging again.
- Continue training with Nina.
- Set expectations at the beginning of each day, for each day, including
That’s a lot, but I am going for that brass ring. I’m like a bat flying out of hell – over a decade of chronic pain hell, to be exact – and I ain’t, as they say, playin’ around.