When you find that something you love, like dancing, can be reworked to stimulate natural pain relief, it makes sense - based on recent scientific discoveries about which parts of the brain carry, amplify, and suppress chronic pain. We know that when neural pathways have been activated repeatedly, nerve signals travel quickly and easily over the synaptic connections that make up the pain pattern, like a train over a well-used track. New brain research shows that ...
Subscribe via RSS [What is RSS?]Receive blog updates via email
Welcome to the Dancing with Pain® Blog!Here you will find a unique mix of personal storytelling, investigative journalism, and political activism, all centered around the theme of living with and healing from chronic pain... Read more»
- Joss on The Struggles and Costs of Relying on Others
- Joss on Travel. Dance. Heal.
- Joss on In the Blink of an Eye, I Traverse Worlds between Ability and Disability
- Lucy Sometimes on My Mom’s Psychotic Break and the Doctor’s Bedside Manner
- foodforest on Protected: Whole Foods Is Part of the Problem of Chemical Sensitivity
Support this site!
- Help us transform chronic pain, one dance step at a time.