Most people who have grown up with dogs, or have been lucky enough to have one in their lives, will tell you that dogs know something we don’t. They live in the moment with endless joy and emotional intelligence that often defies human understanding. When I was seven, my family brought home a Portuguese Water Dog named Toby. Though firmly my mom’s most devoted companion, Toby would switch allegiance when any member of the family was hurt, sick or sad. He ...
Subscribe via RSS [What is RSS?]Receive blog updates via email
Welcome to the Dancing with Pain® Blog!Here you will find a unique mix of personal storytelling, investigative journalism, and political activism, all centered around the theme of living with and healing from chronic pain... Read more»
- Joss on The Struggles and Costs of Relying on Others
- Joss on Travel. Dance. Heal.
- Joss on In the Blink of an Eye, I Traverse Worlds between Ability and Disability
- Lucy Sometimes on My Mom’s Psychotic Break and the Doctor’s Bedside Manner
- foodforest on Protected: Whole Foods Is Part of the Problem of Chemical Sensitivity
Support this site!
- Help us transform chronic pain, one dance step at a time.