I’m looking for stories of living with, managing, and transcending chronic pain, for publication on my blog. The best way to find out what I’m looking for is to tootle around on the site for a bit, to get a sense of the content and tone. To get you started, below are some sample questions that interest me, along with sample posts.
Please note I am more concerned about story value and insight than about writing skills. While I do of course prefer a well-crafted blog post, I will take the time to edit the writing of stories that I feel have potential for my blog. Please be advised, however, that there is no guarantee that I will accept submissions. In addition, please be aware that there is no payment involved in the publication of accepted submissions.
- How do the overall culture and circumstances of your country interact with your chronic pain management – both positively and negatively?
- What is it like to navigate through the health care system in your country, vis a vis treating chronic pain?
- How have you managed the emotional component of living with chronic pain and experiencing setbacks – ie, anger, depression, frustration, etc?
In what ways has the health care system come through for you or failed you, in your quest to understand and treat your pain?
- What, if any, experience have you had with pharmaceuticals? What are your thoughts about the overall role of drugs in treating chronic pain?
- What are some of the psycho-social levels on which you have dealt with chronic pain – ie, how has it affected your work, friendships, romantic life, self-esteem, etc?
- What are some discoveries you have had about your own internal power to self-heal from chronic pain, and how have you utilized these discoveries?
- What CAM (complementary and alternative) medicine remedies have positively impacted your ability to manage pain?