Apparently I’m not the only one who could have bought a house with the money I have had to spend on uninsured complementary and alternative medicine — the only health care that works for my chronic pain condition. According to a recent article by the National Institute of Health, Americans spend 33.9 billion out of pocket expenses for CAM treatment. I look forward to the day that complementary and alternative medicine is covered by health insurance, especially because I’m spending $600 a month for it, and it basically provides me diddly.
Subscribe via RSS [What is RSS?]Receive blog updates via email
Welcome to the Dancing with Pain® Blog!Here you will find a unique mix of personal storytelling, investigative journalism, and political activism, all centered around the theme of living with and healing from chronic pain... Read more»
- Joss on The Struggles and Costs of Relying on Others
- Joss on Travel. Dance. Heal.
- Joss on In the Blink of an Eye, I Traverse Worlds between Ability and Disability
- Lucy Sometimes on My Mom’s Psychotic Break and the Doctor’s Bedside Manner
- foodforest on Protected: Whole Foods Is Part of the Problem of Chemical Sensitivity
Support this site!
- Help us transform chronic pain, one dance step at a time.