Today I asked my Spoonie Tweeples (Twitter pals who live with chronic health conditions) what they do for natural pain relief. I got a wide range of responses, but heat of some sort (bath or heating pad) seemed to top the list. Here’s what I got back, in their words:
- “I go to the gym. If I am not feeling well, I walk very slowly, but going everyday helps me take my mind off the pain.”
- “Pilates. Hot baths. Acupuncture. Essential oils. Painting.”
- “Heat, whether a hot bath or a rice bag it works for me!”
- “Orgasm! (Am I allowed to say that on public internet forum?)”
- “Mediation and controlled breathing. I slow it down, focus on it, feel it. I focus on parts of my body to relax them, one at a time. Breathing in a purposeful way.”
- “Ginger tea and skullcap capsules. Skullcap is an herb with sedative and pain relieving properties. Tastes icky, so I grind it and put in gelcaps.”
- “Baths! Best relief with no pills, drugs, diet. Just lay back & let the hot H2O heal ya!”
- “Sombra Natural Pain Relieving Gel.” Check out the accompanying blog post on this natural pain relief method!
- “Heating pad.” (two votes)
What do you use for natural pain relief? Leave a comment here or join the discussion on Twitter, at the hash tag #dancingwithpain.