On Thursday, before heading north, I was careful to pack all of my herbal medicines for fighting illness, but I was in such a rush to get to my mother’s side that I did not unpack them and administer them to myself first. I did take an Airborne Formula brand effervescent tablet on the plane ride over, but at about 10:00 p.m., while sitting next to my mother, I felt the beginning signs of sickness in my throat.
Having been exposed to my mother’s pneumonia, prior to her receiving antibiotics, I was quite frightened about the possibility of catching it myself. So I stayed in bed most of the next day, with the exception of making a trip to a nearby health food store and buying more herbal remedies, and making two trips to visit my mother at the hospital. All day long, I blasted my system with the following:
- Raw garlic pieces, pre-peeled and eaten straight
- Raw ginger, eaten straight
- Temple Leaf Tea brand “Cold & Flu Time” herbal tea and Yogi Tea brand “Green Tea Kombucha” herbal tea, both brewed with fresh ginger pieces and Honey Gardens brand “Apitherapy” raw honey
- Nature’s Way brand “Umcka ColdCare” syrup for cough, congestion, sore throat, and sinus infections
- Herb Pharm brand “Propolis Echinacea” throat spray
- Wish Garden Herbs brand “Kick Ass Immune Activator”
- Gaia Herbs brand “Quick Defense”
- Source Naturals brand “Wellness Formula” multi-vitamins
By the afternoon, I felt about 70% better, and by this morning, I feel about normal, with just a little residue. I have avoided getting full-on sick for a couple of years now, when I have administered some variation of this formula, so I wanted to pass it on.