Loolwa Khazzoom, an accomplished journalist, is looking for an intern for her mind-body media company, Dancing with Pain®. Loolwa writes for Self, The Washington Post, Yoga Journal, CNN, Seventeen, Rolling Stone, Marie Claire, BBC News, Massage, The Boston Globe, CosmoGIRL, and numerous other leading media outlets; her company blog has been featured in the New York Times; and she has published two books.
Through articles, interviews, classes, and workshops, Loolwa’s company, Dancing with Pain®, promotes holistic methods for chronic pain relief. As an intern at the company, you will receive personal attention and hands-on guidance on the ins & outs of the integrated medicine media world. Your responsibilities will include any of the following, depending on your skill level at any given time:
- Research story ideas and scientific studies related to complementary and alternative medicine.
- Develop relationships with leading integrated medicine specialists.
- Interview these specialists and/or write blog posts from the content of these interviews.
- Develop relationships with bloggers and patient advocates addressing chronic pain and other forms of chronic illness.
- Edit guest posts by these bloggers and advocates.
- Promote Dancing with Pain® through social media outlets.
- Increase Search Engine Optimization of Dancing with Pain® blog.
- Promote Dancing with Pain® classes, workshops, and blog to integrated medicine facilities, pain clinics, dance studios, and community centers.
- Assist in producing podcasts and videos of Dancing with Pain® classes and workshops.
- Develop relationships with radio, television, and internet media outlets, promoting interviews about and programs on Dancing with Pain®
- Do administrative work – database entry, scanning, filing, phone calls, errands, etc
Applicants must be in Southern California. For more information, contact Dancing with Pain.