Which of these motivational quotes speak to you? Print them out, and post them where you will see them!
For me, pain is like a suction cup that demands all my energy and attention. I need these kinds of reminders to bring me back to the core essence of who I am and the highest potential of what I can achieve.
- “All my work is meant to say, ‘You may encounter defeats, but you must not be defeated.’” — Maya Angelou, American writer, poet, and actress
- “If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much room.” — Lorraine Teel
- “You have to know you can win. You have to think you can win. You have to feel you can win.” — Ray Leonard, American boxer
- “Excellence is not an act but a habit. The things you do the most are the things you do best.” — Marva Collins, American educator
- “Impossibilities are merely things which we have not yet learned.” — Charles W. Chestnutt, American writer
- “If you have a purpose in which you can believe, there is no end to the amount of things you can accomplish.” — Marian Anderson, American opera singer
- “The guy who takes a chance, who walks the line between the known and unknown, who is unafraid of failure, will succeed.” — Gordon Parks, Sr., American photographer, writer, and filmmaker
- “Surviving meant being born over and over.” — Erica Jong
- “Once I decide to do something, I can’t have people telling me I can’t. If there is a roadblock, you jump over it, walk around it, crawl under it.” — Kitty Kelly
- “The biggest sin is sitting on your ass.” — Florynce Kennedy
Thanks to the books The Goddess Within and African-American Wisdom, from which I got these quotes.