I haven’t blogged for a while because so much is going on, it’s nuts. Here are some of the experiences and concepts I have been going through or thinking about and that I will blog about ASAP:
- The dental drama getting my tooth drilled and crown fitted a couple of weeks ago, then going to get the permanent crown placed on my tooth.
- The confusing experience I had with a male body worker – leading to questions of where practitioners can cross the line of appropriate behavior, even (almost especially) if it happens on the subtle level.
- The socially awkward and irritating experience going to the beach with a guy who refused to take off his mirrored sunglasses, or discuss alternate options, even though he knew it was hurting my eyes to look at him.
- The Pause Principle: The struggle between wanting to move forward on a regimen and stopping to ensure safety with a given practitioner or procedure.
- The “Good Patient” syndrome, patient intimidation, and practitioner responsibility to create safe space
- Storytelling vs. Wallowing
- Balancing the competing demands on our lives, with limited energy reserves
- Revisioning Identity: Chronic pain, family exile, and other wrenches thrown in my life, and how they impact my sense of self and place in the world.