I could not be more excited that I just finished the revised version of my book proposal – which involved a complete overhaul of the book concept, outline, and chapter summaries. As in, start again.
It’s been one hell of an intense ride over the past year, let me tell you! I say this not because the Christian New Year is coming up, but because it’s exactly one year since my multicultural consulting contract wrapped up, and I launched Dancing With Pain®. From December through June, I worked around the clock, on a super steep learning curve about all things financial.
In June, just when all the utility bills were coming in red, I was granted a bank loan for getting Dancing with Pain off the ground. In July, the company had its launch celebration, and we started getting all kinds of crazy media attention. Things were totally taking off. In August, I attended a venture capital meeting, and a woman approached me – telling me she’s got a friend that just might be interested in throwing wads of cash my way.
Then the next morning, all the crazy happened. And I entered four months of hell. Life as I knew it came crashing down. If you’ve been following my blog, you know the deets. I’m not inclined to repeat them, because my ear is starting to hurt, just remembering all the chaos. But I’m just sitting here thinking how strong I’ve been, how much I’ve accomplished despite all the shit flying at me and hitting me right between the eyes.
- I fought hard for and was granted disability accommodation at my previous location
- I overcame intimidation and took a doctor to court for personal injury (the one who caused the pain in my eye)
- I began walking and biking regularly, walking up to 3 miles and biking up to 26 – more than I’ve done in about 15 years
- I moved twice in two months
- I wrote a book proposal (which I just rewrote)
- I did all manner of media and public relations management for a doctor with a major book about to hit the streets
- I somehow managed to pay my rent and health insurance, despite barely scraping by as a result of all the chaos and pain
- I was diagnosed with a potentially cancerous nodule on my thyroid
- I completely overhauled my diet overnight (literally), to an all-vegan, all-organic, no processed foods, no fried foods, no gluten, no soy diet to eliminate said nodule
…and I overcame a whole bunch of other stuff – including a heavy dose of family drama, a urinary tract infection, an adverse reaction to penicillin, a frozen shoulder, and a nurse-inflicted ankle injury. Honestly, I feel it’s been nonstop since December. And the whole year before it was even more intense than this past year, as you loyal reader types know.
So what I want right now, more than a big juicy slab of steak or hunk of muenster cheese, is a mani, pedi, and haircut. I want to take off these here glasses, don my leather boots, and go out and have me some fun! It has been a long-ass time since I’ve felt like a normal balanced human.
But most of all, I would like to say, out loud, shouting it to the world, I am fucking crazy proud of myself!!!!!