My first assistant said I was driving her crazy with my eternally frantic pace. My third assistant declared I have ADD and refused to believe otherwise.
What’s a gal with four entrepreneurial hats to do? There are always a million and seven balls in the air, and the go go go approach has gotten me this far thus far. But maybe now that I’ve arrived to where I am today, I can do things a bit differently.
Like write schedules. Then actually read them. And maybe even follow them.
But I hate schedules, because as soon as I start writing down what needs to happen in any given day, it becomes clear that I absolutely cannot accomplish all those things in a 24 hour period, never mind including time for sleep.
So I just rip up the damn paper and get down to business, running from one thing to the next until I drop.
OK here’s my to-do list for the rest of the day. I will attempt to be realistic about what I can accomplish:
- Jewish Multicultural Educator hat (2.5 hrs total):
- Do the respective footwork three upcoming presentations, this week and next. (2.5 hours)
- Writer hat (2 hrs total):
- Follow up on various pitches. (2 hours)
- Lay out new pitch ideas. (Maybe this is too much for today?)
- Dancing with Pain hat (1 hr total):
- Review business plan, consolidate goals and objectives (30 min)
- Strategize media and public relations plan (too much for today?)
- Prepare meeting (30 min)
- Domestic hat (1 hr 20 min):
- Do laundry (ongoing throughout afternoon)
- Find missing suit pants (15 min)
- Find dry cleaning coupons (5 min
- Take all suits to dry cleaner (30 min)
- Clean patio (30 min)
- Exercise (2 hrs)
- Dance (30 – 60 min)
- Bike (1 hr)
- Social Life (3 hrs)
- Go to belly dance performance, leave by 7 pm (3 hrs round trip)
Total time for everything but social life: 8 hrs, 50 min. Time now: 12:05 pm. Argh. This is where I typically rip up the list and/or ditch the social life. Hm. Instead maybe I’ll take out the Dancing with pain work today – total down to 7 hrs 50 min. And take out 30 min of dancing – now 7 hrs 20 min. Maybe I’ll finish some things earlier or just arrive late to the belly dance performance. We’ll see.
Anyhow, 3, 2, 1, GO!