Check out the current issue of Massage & Bodywork magazine (Sept/Oct 2009, page 46). I wrote an article called, “The Power of Self-Healing.” It traces my journey discovering dance and mind-body medicine, and it interviews leading mind-body medicine practitioners, exploring the body mechanics involved behind the powerful experience of self-healing.
Practitioners interviewed include the following:
- Adam/DreamHealer — a distant energy healer and best-selling author of three books on energy healing
- Anasuya Batliner, NC, Dipl. ABT, CST — a private practice craniosacral therapist, acupressure therapist, and nutritional consultant
- David Bressler, PhD, LAc– president of the Academy for Guided Imagery, former White House commissioner on complementary and alternative medicine policy, and author of numerous books on mind-body medicine .
- James Dillard, M.D., D.C., C.Ac. — a leading pain specialist, author of numerous books on pain relief, and featured health expert on Oprah, Good Morning America, and CBS Evening News
- Anna Kilmer, director of the IM School of Healing Arts
- Mitchell May — founder of The Synergy Company
- Pamela Miles – Reiki Master, integrative healthcare consultant, and founding president of the Institute for the Advancement of Complementary Therapies
- Martin Rossman, M.D., Dipl. Ac — director of The Healing Mind, author of numerous books and CDs on mind-body medicine, and a pioneer in the field of guided imagery