Doctors, take note: My endocrinologist is quite possibly the best doctor I have ever worked with. Here’s why:
- Her demeanor radiates genuine love. And yes, love not only has a place in a doctor’s office, but must be there for true healing to occur.
- She asks me if I have questions and clearly cares if I do.
- She is generous with her time. I never feel rushed, no matter how many questions I ask. I’m sure her schedule is pressed, because she’s always booked for a month or two in advance, but she never gives that feeling when she’s talking with me.
- She answers questions thoroughly, like a teacher speaking with a student – educating me and empowering me through that information about what’s going on.
- She was 100% understanding of my anxiety and fear related to the biopsy procedure, and she did not take offense at my asking her about her educational background or experience with doing the procedure.
- She was 100% supportive of my decision to radically alter my diet and give my body’s natural healing abilities the chance to take hold.