My endocrinologist is hands-down the most awesome doc on the planet. Last night I delayed sleeping, in part because I was anxious about the looming conversation about whether or not to get the biopsy. But the conversation was just amazing.
I came in with ten questions written down on paper, in case I were to forget any of them. We went through my questions one at a time. And I let my doctor know I would be more than happy to come back for a second round, out of respect to her schedule.
I learned so much about thyroid in general and about my thyroid in particular. I feel empowered with this information. I also brought my Mama in with me, so that she could see the image on the ultrasound. Now she’s better able to visualize it and use her healing energies to eliminate the problem spots.
I’m not sure how many details I want to share at this time, but I will say this: My doc is totally on board with my thinking that since I will decline the surgery option even if Gd-forbid the nodule is cancerous, there is really no point in doing the biopsy. I’m going to proceed as if I am treating a cancerous nodule, and together, we will continue monitoring my thyroid over the coming months.
So far, there has been no change not only in the size, but also in the various factors that can indicate cancer. In other words, so far so good.
As those of you following my blog know, I believe whole-heartedly in the power of prayer. If you are so inclined, please add my name to prayer and healing circles, and send loving thoughts and energy my way. Together we have the power to heal ourselves and each other. (For those of you in the Jewish community, your cue card is, “Loolwa bat Naomi.”)