Our society conditions us to outsource our healthcare solutions – relying on and deferring to technological diagnostics, medical evaluations, surgical procedures, and pharmaceutical remedies. While it is prudent to be informed of the many healthcare options available to us; while it is judicious to receive expert feedback on the appropriate course of action for our ailments; and while there are cases where it is in our interest to turn to “the big guns” for help, our externally-oriented approach to recovery may cause us to overlook the primary, and in many cases, the most powerful source of healing: ourselves.
Subscribe via RSS [What is RSS?]Receive blog updates via email
Welcome to the Dancing with Pain® Blog!Here you will find a unique mix of personal storytelling, investigative journalism, and political activism, all centered around the theme of living with and healing from chronic pain... Read more»
- Joss on The Struggles and Costs of Relying on Others
- Joss on Travel. Dance. Heal.
- Joss on In the Blink of an Eye, I Traverse Worlds between Ability and Disability
- Lucy Sometimes on My Mom’s Psychotic Break and the Doctor’s Bedside Manner
- foodforest on Protected: Whole Foods Is Part of the Problem of Chemical Sensitivity
Support this site!
- Help us transform chronic pain, one dance step at a time.